COVID-19: NEW BARRIER MASK HELPS MINIMIZE TRANSMISSION OF AIRBORNE ORGANISMS
When COVID-19 was classified as a pandemic, we decided to utilize our vast medical textile know-how to develop a barrier mask that may help reduce the risk of airborne contamination and mitigate the challenges related to COVID-19. The mask has now been launched and distribution started.
The Carefix barrier mask is used as a passive support garment that forms a barrier for hand-to-face contamination. It may also help minimize the transmission of airborne organisms from coughing, speaking, sneezing or respiration from persons nearby.
It is very likely that the world will see more pandemics like Corona in future, with a huge impact on our social life and how we interact with others. In this context, we anticipate that the use of barrier masks will increase, as it might become standard practice to wear a mask, e.g. when travelling. In this context the Carefix barrier mask is a product with long-term prospect.
HOW DOES THE MASK WORK?
The barrier mask is not a medical supply, but a valid alternative to protect oneself when going outside.
The barrier mask is in a seamless and so-called one-piece tube design,
eliminating the use of irritating elastic bands around the ears. The design of the product ensures easy and safe use as well as a good fit, so that the mask stays in place and is extremely comfortable to wear.
Compared to single-use face masks, the Carefix barrier mask is better for the environment, as it is washable and can be reused multiple times.
- Reduces the risk of airborne viral contamination by hindering hand-to-face contamination
- May help minimize the transmission of airborne organisms
- Protects both user and surrounding persons
- Good fit ensures high comfort, correct placement and help avoid too much touching of the mask
- Easy to apply
- Soft, flexible, seamless and breathable material
- Can be folded to small size and easily kept in a bag or pocket
- Washable and reusable - can be washed up to 25 times
- Latex-free material for the safety of the user
- Tested for harmful substances according to Oeko-Tex standard 100
The seamless barrier mask is recommended to be used as a passive support by people who are looking for personal protection as a result of social distancing and other government regulations.
The mask is a reusable mask for civil use only.
At Tytex we cherish input from our users. We want to hear and learn from your story - so please connect and share